Topic: Coal mine

How about splitting the coal and copper mine in to two mines. Frankly you don't dig enough coal  to meet the needs of the game since you added the grill.

Re: Coal mine

Hi Robin,
we are not currently planning to split coal and copper mine. Amounts of mined materials are random and, perhaps, you just had a bad luck with coal smile You can always get it by different ways - sending caravans, getting achievements or using green rings in Chambers of fortune.

I was just wondering.. is it possible to reduce energy cost of coal and copper blocks from 40 energy as you can use entire energy bar on small handful of blocks?

then could you implement something that allows us to reset the mine midway through without having to clear it because if we don't want copper or we don't want coal then we waste alot of energy mining something we won't need...

I think that at the moment there is a huge disbalance between coal and copper. I have more than 1k copper and just 200 coal and I mine every day tons of copper in order to clear coal mine and nothing to do with it. Or to increase amount of coal or to find a use of copper. Also chests in stone mine drop copper 2-3 times more than coal, maybe switch the ratio there

6 (edited by Barry Hughes 2012-10-28 16:38:11)

Lucka, you said loot is random but I have mined the tin mine several times and EVERY block drops a single piece of tin now I doubt even my luck is that bad...

EDIT: Lumber in the Abandoned Tunnel is the same, +1 on the same blocks but +3 on the same wooden tiles every time. I doubt loot is random if they are the same everytime

I have kept track of a few passes in various repeatable mines, and they are indeed random, the coal gives me 10-11 coal a trip and 16-19 copper, the iron mine gives 13-17 iron ore, 7 stone, and 2-8 mushrooms. Can't find the piece of paper where I wrote the numbers for the abandoned tunnel, but the amount of wood varies a bit there to, something like 19-22 wood.

If I did coal, tin, and iron mines the number of times a day and wanted to convert it all to bars, I'd be using up all the coal, which leaves nothing for grilling fish (which if I had enough roots could use 25 coal/day.  So yes it would be nice with another source of coal.

wow, must be mine that isn't working, I get 20 Coal EVERYTIME I mine it and, I don't know about specific numbers for  Lumber but, I know that only the pure wooden pallet tiles give 3 Lumber otherwise it is only 1 Lumber from tiles containing roots

can we please replace some copper with coal in that repeatable mine? like you would get 10 copper and 17 coal or something? copper costs way to much energy and we don't need it.
thanks a lot

a lot of things need bronze, bronze is tin and copper hence we need copper...The mine has to serve everybody even those who still need Bronze and don't need Coal, a case for splitting them but that's beside the point, so cutting the amount of Copper in favour of Coal just hurts new players

maybe the option for resseting mine before clearing is a solution and in this case you should not receive clearing XP and achievement point.  But this is applicable only for coal, iron and tin mines because in other mines there is no disbalance

12 (edited by Chiara van Vliet 2012-11-16 09:26:05)

Barry Hughes wrote:

a lot of things need bronze, bronze is tin and copper hence we need copper...The mine has to serve everybody even those who still need Bronze and don't need Coal, a case for splitting them but that's beside the point, so cutting the amount of Copper in favour of Coal just hurts new players

yeah I know, but i make a lot of bronze and I never have a problem with the copper. I might need more tin or I might need more coal, but never more copper. I meant to say: we don't need as much copper as we are getting, there is just way to much copper in the game.
If they made the recept with grilled fish a little less coal consuming, it would also be okey... i think

Thank you for the feedback guys smile We'll think about a way to balance it better smile

14 (edited by Shez Za 2012-11-18 08:51:54)

and while you are at it... can something be done about collecting vegetable roots... i only seem to get 1 or 2 from plantation and 1 or 2 from mushroom pit... making the odds better would make game play more enjoyable

what about a trade option so we can trade what we have alot of into something we need

i have over 1450 stone and if i could trade it into something useful i would be happy

Trading materials would be a good feature to add, the merchant in town could take materials you have too much of off your hands in exchange for "tokens" which you can use to get materials you don't have enough of...

Wow, I'm surprised you've got too much stone, as that's the material that limits me from expanding my camp faster. I don't always complete the lumber mines, but the stone mines are the first thing I do when I log on. What stops you expanding your camp?

Ian Diggy wrote:

Wow, I'm surprised you've got too much stone, as that's the material that limits me from expanding my camp faster. I don't always complete the lumber mines, but the stone mines are the first thing I do when I log on. What stops you expanding your camp?

coins!!!!

the only mines i do over and over are the plantation, the mushroom pit, and the fishing pond

it seems that every or any mine you do you get stones... thats where i have collected all mine from

I get plenty of coins from stoney landslide, camels and the quests. There's also the treasuries, but I find I don't need to use them.

My number 1 priority is always to expand my camp, because the faster I do that, the more energy I'll have tomorrow to continue with the quests. The only energy I regularly dig for is fish, because the others use up too much energy for what you get. Fried mushrooms particularly are worth very little - just 30 per one hour (or 90 per 6 hours), when I could get 15 per hour (90 per 6 hours) by just having a larder there.

Lucka Wyv wrote:

Hi Robin,
we are not currently planning to split coal and copper mine. Amounts of mined materials are random and, perhaps, you just had a bad luck with coal smile You can always get it by different ways - sending caravans, getting achievements or using green rings in Chambers of fortune.

Thank you for considering how to split those mines up.  Right now, I find myself always in need of coal.  I would love to see the coal mine mostly coal and then a separate copper mine.  Thank you!

with now over 2000+ stones, trading some would be great.... right about yesterday!!!!!